Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Day At Dorie's Promise

Yesterday was a nice day to relax and process all that we had seen the day before. We were able to talk to Joel about somethings we had questions about with the National Orphanage, help organize room in the guest house and play, play, play with the kids.

It was so sweet in the afternoon to find Marlee curled up in bed with Nayeli Soto, trying to get her down for her nap. Marlee is so good with the kids. She just gets right in there and plays with the little ones. Last night she helped give baths and ended up getting in a water fight with one of the special mothers. Marlee was talking about that when she woke up this morning.

Later in the afternoon we painted faces and put colored streaks in the kids' hair. Everyone had a really good time.


I spent most of the day in the baby house. Oh the babies. I just love to hold them. I helped feed them, change them, play with them, put them down for naps and bed time. And I just have to kiss them all...all the time! How I love them. I wish I could bring them home with me.


Today, we head to the ghetto. We will be delivering food baskets and donations. We will also be having a pinata party with the children. Marlee is so excited about that.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment