Sunday, October 24, 2010

Free

I hate that feeling of being defeated. And, man, the enemy is so good at it. Everything in this world seems to tell me that nothing I do can ever be is good enough. I know that this weakness of feeling is what the enemy waits everyday to jump on.

Yesterday, my mom and I drove to Pocatello to celebrate the life of a man of God. Manfred Berndt loved his Jesus and served him. And as I sat in that church where I grew up with that man as my Pastor, where I was confirmed, where I was sent out on mission trips, where I served for five years...where I was defeated and devastated...the enemy began inching his way into that broken heart of mine. My eyes have shed tears today of the pain that I felt there.

But I cannot live in this place of defeat. Because, it was not all pain there. So much good happened. My faith increased, God worked miracles, I served faithfully for five years and was able to serve hundreds of people. So why does my mind continually tell me that I am no good. I think, because at this moment in this day I am not allowing the Word to wash over me. The Word that Manfred Berndt wanted shared at his celebration.

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:1-2

The enemy has no right to condemn me to worthlessness. I live in Christ Jesus, my Lord, who has raised me above this. I was not called to dwell in my pain...I was called to live in freedom...by the Spirit of life! Oh, Jesus, wash that over me moment by moment. Holy Spirit, remind me every minute that I am Yours. God of refuge, You are my Rock of salvation!

Glory be!

No comments:

Post a Comment